As some of you know, I coupon or find deals on as much as I can. I grew up that way and continue to do it. It isn’t always about not having enough money. It is about saving money for other things you want and need. Life is unpredictable and it is nice to know you have this or that in the case of an emergency. It may also help you put more money in savings. It doesn’t matter the reason you want to save money. It is just something you are doing.
I am going to share with you the basics of what I do to coupon and find deals to help save money for my family. I hope even a little bit of this will help you.
1. Start off with a list of stores nearby and a list of stores you are willing to drive to.
My list: Dollar General, Walmart, CVS, Kroger, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree and Meijer.
2. Join any reward programs for these stores.
Dollar General has Digital Coupons
Walmart has Savings Catcher
CVS has ExtraCare rewards
Kroger has digital coupons and fuel points
Family Dollar has digital coupons
Meijer has Mperks, digital coupons and fuel points
Dollar Tree doesn’t have these, but they do take coupons
3. Is to invest in Sunday papers, order inserts or coupons online and store adds. Side note – ads can be found online.
4. Rebate apps. I use Ibotta, savingsstar, savings catcher and others. Some need just receipts others need product and receipts.
5. Watch sales to pair with your coupons and rewards. Good thing to note is Meijer counts rewards on original price!
6. Watch for clearance. I love clearance shopping. I get items for the next year that way such as for birthday, Christmas, normal clothes in larger sizes, household item, and even food! I love manager specials and markdowns.
7. Stockpile. You do not need to go crazy! If I do buy more than I think I need, I share with family and friends. I usually buy household cleaners, wipes, light bulbs, storage bags, detergent, and diapers this way. Food stockpile is different, but same concept. Pasta, sauce, flour, sugar, ketchup, soup, cereal and items like that.
You can do even a little of this and save money. I try to save 50% when I can, but any savings are good savings. I also share my deals when I can and help people. I am not an expert, just someone who likes to spend my money on bills, debt and savings account. Plus it is nice to splurge on your family now and then.
Side note: Don’t think I don’t wait for sales on electronics, games, and furniture! I am always looking for a deal and the best price. I don’t mind waiting until it has been out a couple of weeks or months to get it either.
Good Example. I found my iPad Air 2 on amazon for $345 before tax, new in box. Apple and Walmart have them at $399 worth waiting and finding a deal. Price went up a couple days after buying too!
Leave comments and questions for anything you need help with or want more information on. I am willing to help.