I always wanted to try cloth diapers, but didn’t know how I was going to afford starting my stash. I looked and found some great deals. If you are like me, you want cheap, but still good. I found some at 2 different places. Diaperswappers and Amazon. They have great deals and bundles.
I have a stash of 35 diapers (with a insert each) plus a x-large wet bag. I paid $250 for it all. I used them at home until my daughter was 6 months old. We were given a lot of disposable diapers, so we used them when out and about and staying with family. I loved them, even if my husband didn’t. (Men!)
My diapers were one-size pocket diapers. I loved that they were easy to clean and dried quicker. There are also prefolds, AI1, AI2, flats and more. They held a lot of pee and I never had any blow outs with them. (Which is amazing all in itself!)
My way of washing my pocket diapers:
- Wash every 3-4 days (depends on how many diapers you have in your stash, but this is probably the longest you want to go)
- Put all diapers into your wet bag til you are ready.
- Take inserts out of diapers before putting everything in the washer. Even put your wet bad inside out into the washer.
- I have a HE washer and dryer. I have a pre-soak button that I use with a heavy duty cycle.
- I use homemade detergent. ( On another post!)
- Once they are done washing, I hang up all pocket diapers to air dry, throw the inserts and wet bag into dryer on heavy duty drying cycle.
- Side note. I also washed and dried her baby clothes with the diapers and had no problems.
- I let the hang drying diapers dry overnight and they are ready to go next day!