Now that my daughter is one, I am working on finding shows and movies for her to watch.
Some of our favorites:
- Franklin is really great for kids and teaches lessons. It is colorful and has animals which we all know kids love.
- Kid songs/learning songs DVDs are great, we use baby Einstein, Dave and Ava, super simple songs and little baby bum. These are great to watch and keep on in the background.
- CareBears is so cute and teaches lessons. Great for them to watch.
- Multi-show DVDs are great because you get a variety. We love the pbs ones.
- Sofia the first is just too cute and teaches lessons. When you have a girl you have to have princesses.
- Paw patrol is fun and of course it’s dogs!
- Star Wars rebels because well this house is a Star Wars house!
- Disney movies and also anything with fish are good too.
- Mickey Mouse clubhouse is kinda annoying to parents but kids love it!
We try not to let her watch much if any of adult shows. We tend to watch them before we go to bed or on a laptop or tablet with one headphone in while she is playing and/or watching her own show.
I understand about limiting the tv time and believe me she plays all day long! It helps them learn and pick up new words if it is playing in the background. Plus some of the learning ones show them things like clapping and such.
P.s. SpongeBob is not happening haha
What are you favorites and least favorites?