I needed a new curtain for my 1 yr daughter’s room, so I figured I would make one. I am big on saving money and using what I already have. I love the special touch of something made by hand. Now in advance, I am just getting more into sewing. My sewing skills are not great, but basic. Learning more every time I make something.
First I measured the size I needed and lucky me, I had a panal of fabric that was the perfect size just need a small amount off the bottom. My window is long, but I am making the curtain to the floor.
- Measure your window.
- Measure out the fabric you need plus extra for the seems.
- I first pin the two longer sides together and sew. I usually do 1/2 inch wide for the sides
- Then I pin the top to the size I need for the curtain rod. I normall do 2.5-3 inches wide.
- Then I pin the bottom and sew. I normally do 1/2 in. wide.
- Hang up to see if right.
- I normally wash after I am done.